Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Time to ponder...

When was the last time I enjoyed riding / driving on Pune roads...I do not remember....Did I ever?....well, I dont think so...

So I dedicate this post to people who can empathize with my feelings...

Recently taking the car around town, came to me as a rude shock. How dare a women control the steering wheel, in this Man world? It's a forbidden sin, similar to Eve eating her apple. No wonder I was always honked at by strange cheap men...who thought of themselves as rulers of the road kingdom. Yes, I was snarled at with side ward glances, in spite of driving correctly and following traffic rules efficiently. This brought me to horn back...only a futile attempt to be ridiculed from rear-view mirrors...sheeshs!!! I hate transporting. I sometimes wish I could just leave home and reach my destination without making the journey. Ahhh....wishful thinking. And since I am onto wishing, I also wish for men to have some sense...give way to women, ppl ...they live a tough life juggling tough acts responsibly. We deserve some leniency from ur part. We never ask for more...only that the next time some lady is using the reverse gear, be a little more patient , be a gentleman and give her way to go, it wont cost you anything, Trust me on that :)

4 comments:

~Abhi said...

Hey! All men arent so bad! Dont stereotype them into rude, good-for-nothing, cheap,etc etc.

And well, strangers aren't that bad either! :D

Anonymous said...

good take on life :P

Shiren Janus said...

@abhi...
No ya...didnt mean to stereotype...bt yeah...very few gentlemen take to driving these days...LOL!!

@chiku...
thanks :P

The Intellectual Traveller said...

trust ur startement... specially the last one!! rather than not cosing u ... it might actually save u some cash in case the vehicle happens to rub shoulders with ur fender!!!!